In a pre-budget 2021 discussion, Brian Fernandez speaks to three tech industry leaders on what they wish to see in the budget to be tabled on November 6, 2020.
- Dr Siva shares on what the startup ecosystem is looking for in the budget
- Jaffri’s wishlist for the E&E industry as this sector has been the driver for exports and employment in the last few years
- Kian Yew shares on PIKOM’s submission of key proposals to the ministry of finance
They also give their views on whether the pandemic is an opportunity for Malaysia to leapfrog and move up the value chain, and should the government provide more initiatives to local SMEs and startups who have yet to embrace digitisation.
- Dr Sivapalan Vivekarajah, Founding Partner of ScaleUp Malaysia and former President of MBAN
- Jaffri Ibrahim, CEO of Collaborative Research in Engineering, Science and Technology (CREST)
- Ong Kian Yew, CEO at PIKOM, The National Tech Association of Malaysia
Presenter: Brian Fernandez