Updated version at 8.15 am
The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
April 9, 2021,
- HSBC and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) partners in a combined $300 million financing to help Asia’s supply chains boost manufacturing capacity for COVID-19 vaccines.
- Singapore Exchange (SGX) and New Zealand’s Exchange (NZX) have signed a strategic partnership agreement to scale up market distribution and liquidity to unlock growth in the global dairy derivatives markets.
- Amsterdam-based technology investor Prosus said on Thursday it netted US$14.6 billion from its overnight sale of a 2 per cent stake in Chinese gaming and social media giant Tencent in one of the world’s largest ever block trades.
- Singapore leadership plan upended as Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat will step aside as the leader of the fourth-generation People’s Action Party (PAP) leadership team.
- Norway’s sovereign wealth fund, the world’s biggest, wants to allocate a larger chunk of its US$1.3 trillion portfolio to external asset managers, this means as much as US$80 billion.
- Japan-headquartered automotive group VT Holdings has acquired UK-based Caterham Cars Ltd from Tony Fernandes and Kamarudin Meranun.
- Tiger Global is investing in messaging bots startup Gupshup at a US$1.4 billion valuation, the latest in a string of major startup deals in India’s fast-growing mobile arena.
- Speciale Invest, a seed stage venture capital firm investing in deep technologies has announced the first closing of its second fund. The second fund has raised 1.4 billion rupees (US$19 million) and the firm claims it has exceeded its target and was oversubscribed with the backing of an experienced group of domestic investors.
- The first quarter of 2021 marked a record-setting time for startup funding, with investors pumping $72.7 billion into North American tech startups’ growth-stage rounds, doubling the total from a year ago, with investments rising 57 percent from the previous quarter.
- Singapore is looking to build on its pivotal role in the world’s oceangoing trade lanes, aiming to bring in investment of $15 billion across all aspects of maritime trade—with an eye on tech.