Updated version at 8.25 am
The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
April 30, 2021,
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group said its first-half cash profit would take an A$817 million (S$841.8 million) hit largely from losses on its investment in a Malaysian bank that was involved in the 1MDB scandal.
- The S&P 500 climbed to new heights on Thursday as as investors weighed strong earnings and good economic data against concerns equities have little room to rise after a strong run.
- Twitter shares took a pounding on Thursday after the short messaging service reported weaker-than-expected earnings and disappointing user growth.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp. that exited bankruptcy earlier this year, is seeking to sell oil-producing assets in South Texas for as much as $2 billion,
- Amazon crushing forecasts of how much money it would rake in from pandemic-revved online shopping and growing reliance on internet-hosted services, its profit in the recently ended quarter tripled to US$8.1 billion, compared with US$2.5 billion in the first three months of last year.
- Facebook Inc said it will give $5 million to pay local journalists in multiyear deals as part of its new publishing platform to help independent writers attract an audience and make money through the social media network.
- The Accenture report said the value of the gaming industry has topped US$300 billion following a pandemic-fuelled surge, with some 2.7 billion players worldwide.
- Roundup – Southeast Asia’s hottest venture funding stories, insights, and analysis to gear you up for success in you fundraising journey.