The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
June 23, 2021 (last updated at 8.15 am)
- Stock market news updates: Nasdaq sets record high, Asian stocks set for a steady open after Fed’s reassuring comments.
- Blackstone agrees to buy single-family rental company Home Partners of America Inc for US$6 billion, betting on the demand for suburban housing will stay hot, even as the pandemic eases.
- Bitcoin bounces back after tumbling below $30,000 threshold.
- Axa to sell its insurance operations in Malaysia to Generali for around US$166.5 million.
- Malaysia surpasses Indonesia to become the biggest crude palm oil exporter to top consumer India.
- China Evergrande sells stakes in its Internet unit for $570 million to ease funding pressure.
- Sunway to sell 15% stake in its healthcare unit to Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC for US$168.3 million-US$192.3 million.
- Serba Dinamik takes legal action against KPMG, claiming for substantial damages for alleged negligence and breaching contractual and statutory duties.
- South Korea mobile financial app Toss operator raised $410 million in fresh funding, which values the company at $7.4 billion.
- SoftBank-backed Dingdong aims for a more than $6 billion valuation in its New York IPO debut.
- Twitter stars to dabble with letting fans to pay for special access to online content.
- US-Israeli cybersecurity firm Transmit Security raises US$543 million in a series A funding round, the largest ever Series A funding round in cybersecurity history.
- Microsoft joins Apple to take its place in the history books as just the second US public company to reach a $2 trillion market value.
- Tinder thinks online dating is primed for change, adds videos to profiles.
- Dutch payment startup Mollie raises another $800 million in an all-equity round that values the company at $6.5 billion.