The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
June 24, 2021 (last updated at 8.30 am)
- Stock market news: Asian stocks looks set to dip as traders digested policy outlook, S&P 500 ends slightly lower after flirting with a record in a choppy session.
- Oil prices climbs to above US$76 a barrel, highest since late 2018, as US tightens supplies.
- Only 10% of institutional investment firms surveyed by JPMorgan trade cryptocurrencies, with nearly half labelling the emerging asset class as “rat poison” or predicting it would be a temporary fad.
- Electric vehicle maker Xpeng receives the green light for US$2 billion Hong Kong listing.
- Warren Buffett resigns from Gates Foundation, gives away another US$4.1 billion.
- Central bank digital currencies get full BIS backing, as they are needed to modernise finance and ensure ‘Big Tech’ does not take control of money.
- Genting opens newest resort, a US$4.3 billion extravaganza in Las Vegas and the biggest new property on the city’s famous Strip in over a decade.
- Temasek-backed software startup, Sprinklr, raises US$266 million after pricing its US initial public offering (IPO) below a marketed range and cutting the number of shares sold.
- Embark, a self-driving truck venture led by 25-year-old CEO Alex Rodrigues, announces a $5.2 billion deal to go public via SPAC.
- NFT marketplace Rarible has closed a $14.2 million Series A from Venrock Capital, CoinFund and 01 Advisors.
- Singapore-based climate-tech fund Circulate Capital announces a US$14 million first close of its new VC fund, called Circulate Capital Disrupt (CCD).