The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
June 29, 2021 (last updated at 8.20 am)
- Asian stocks look set for a mixed start, Nasdaq and S&P 500 end at records on the continued resurgence of technology shares, Dow falls.
- Ecommerce Etsy buys Elo7, a Brazilian online marketplace specialising in made-to-order products, in a $217 million cash transaction for its expansion into Latin America.
- Carousell, a Singapore-based online classifieds marketplace operator, seeks US listing via a merger with a blank-check company.
- Eye-popping returns attract hedge funds to neglected Japanese startups.
- South Korea’s Kakao Bank plans to raise as much as US$2.3 billion in an initial public offering.
- Philippine’s Voyager raises US$167 million led by KKR, and Tencent to fund its foray into digital banking.
- SoftBank-backed Dingdong slashes US IPO target by over 70%.
- China central bank will make its monetary policy flexible, targeted, and appropriate, while keeping interbank liquidity reasonable.
- Chinese EV battery maker Envision to build $2.4bn plant for Renault.
- Facebook wins anti-trust dismissal, helping lift the value of the social media giant above US$1 trillion for the first time.
- IBM broadens 5G deals with telecom operators Verizon and Telefonica.
- YouTube faces close scrutiny in Europe’s new Google probe
- SoftBank stops production of Pepper humanoid robot owing to weak demand.
- Startup Tapcart, the “Shopify for mobile apps, raises $50 million Series B funding.