The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
July 13, 2021 (last updated at 9.30 am)
- Carsome Group buys 19.9% stake of Australia-listed iCar Asia Ltd from Catcha Group.
- Asian stocks look set to open firmer as Wall Street hit new records as investors waited for corporate results and economic data later in the week.
- Chip and software company Broadcom is in talks to buy SAS Institute in a deal that could value the software firm in the range of US$15 billion to US$20 billion.
- Virgin Galactic files for US$500 million stock sale after Branson’s trip, shares tumble.
- Saudi Aramco drops Morgan Stanley as adviser for the sale of its gas pipelines.
- Citigroup exits Venezuela with agreement to sell unit to BNC, ending more than a century of operating in the South American country.
- Big banks brace for the first forex class action in Britain over cartels dubbed “Essex Express” and “Three Way Banana Split”.
- BTS founder has more than doubled his wealth after the acquisition of the company behind Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande.
- Temasek set to post record portfolio boosted by a rally in global markets and the public listing of some of its holdings.
- Chinese live streaming firm DouYu terminates US$5.3 billion deal with Huya, after Tencent block.
- India’s digital payments firm Paytm plans to raise US$268 million in a funding round as it prepares for an initial public offering (IPO) later this year.
- ByteDance, the Chinese owner of TikTok, shelves IPO after Chinese regulators warn about data.
- Google boss Sundar Pichai warns free and open Internet is ‘under attack’ in countries around the world.