The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
July 16, 2021 (last updated at 8.20 am)
- Asian stocks look set to slip to follow Wall Street stocks lower after concerns about the economic growth outlook came to the fore.
- New Zealand inflation surge in the second quarter, breaching the central bank’s target range for the first time in 10 years, reinforces RBNZ rate-hike bets.
- Beyond Meat launches first DTC ecommerce site for the Chinese market on JD.com platform, aims to make available its famous plant-based meat products more accessible to consumers throughout China.
- Crypto exchange Binance is not authorised in Italy, says regulator, as crackdown widens.
- Johnson & Johnson recalls sunscreens after carcinogen found in some sprays.
- Uniqlo owner trims profit forecast despite 67% rise in Q3 net profit.
- Sustainability status ripped from Korean palm oil giant Korindo.
- White House slams Facebook as channel for Covid-19 misinformation.
- Microsoft says Israeli company sold tools to hack windows.
- Digital bank Revolut becomes UK’s most valuable private tech company ever, after reaching a valuation of US$33 billion valuation in its latest funding round led by SoftBank.
- New generation of entrepreneurs starting their own companies as Southeast Asia’s startup ecosystem matures.
- Intel to acquire semiconductor manufacturer GlobalFoundries for about $30 billion, WSJ reports.