The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
July 20, 2021 (last updated at 8.20 am)
- A global stocks selloff looks set to continue in Asia on revive concerns about the coronavirus and its impact on global growth as governments enact fresh restrictions to counter the Delta variant.
- Yellen urges federal agencies to ‘act quickly’ on stablecoin regulations.
- McLaren funding spree goes up to US$620 million in bond sale.
- Robinhood targets a valuation of up to US$35 billion in its initial public offering in the United States.
- Ackman abandons SPAC plan to take US$4 billion stake in Universal Music after SEC backlash.
- Real estate firm PropertyGuru nears US$1.8 billion merger with Peter Thiel SPAC.
- Maybank commits to implement a US$11.88 billion sustainable product framework within this year.
- Nokia wins first 5G radio contract in China, one of three tenders held by operator China Mobile, while Swedish rival Ericsson stumbles.
- US, UK allies blame Chinese government as the mastermind behind the Microsoft hack.
- Duolingo eyes US$3.41 billion valuation in its US initial public offering, as the language-learning app maker seeks to cash in on rapidly rising interest for online education tools during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Nanofilm partners Temasek in a S$140 million joint venture, to create products to be used in the growing hydrogen economy.