The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
July 21, 2021 (last updated at 8.30 am)
- Wall Street stocks regains lost ground after three days of losses, Asian stocks set to track rally.
- Nasdaq partners with major banks to spin out market for trading pre-IPO stocks.
- Netflix boosts audience but misses earnings expectations.
- Jeff Bezos’ space company Blue Origin has sold nearly $100 million worth of tickets for future passenger flights.
- Bitcoin slides below US$30,000 level for the first time in about a month.
- Top three US drug firms agree to pay US$1.18 billion settlement to the state of New York over their role in the opioid crisis.
- Major Olympic sponsors to skip Games opening ceremony, dealing another blow as more athletes tested positive for the coronavirus.
- Instagram tool allows users to filter out violent or sexually content while they explore the image-centric social network.
- China denies carrying out cyber hack of key Microsoft servers, describing US allegations as groundless.
- Digital banking app Revolut, valued at US$33 billion, launches travel booking service, a first non-financial or insurance product.
- Digital health startup HealthifyMe closes a US$75 million Series C round led by LeapFrog, taking total capital raised by the company to over US$100 million to date.
- Microsoft rolls out Windows 11 update that includes its Chat feature for talking with friends and family members over Microsoft Teams.