The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
July 21, 2021 (last updated at 8.30 am)
- Stock market updates: Futures gain after 2-day rally, eyes on jobless claims, Asian stocks look set to rise.
- The ultra-rich wants to add digital currencies to their stable of investments.
- Volvo to take control of its China ventures from Geely, potentially boosting its valuation ahead of a planned share sale.
- Bridgepoint employees scoop a £2.5 billion windfall after the private equity firm’s shares surge after IPO debut.
- Salesforce completes US$27.7 billion Slack acquisition.
- Johnson & Johnson, distributors agree to pay US$26 billion to resolve opioid lawsuits.
- Zoom expands beyond video chat, acquires cloud contact centre provider Five9 for US$14.7 billion.
- Netflix faces formidable challenge as it expands into video games.
- Microsoft buys security startup CloudKnox, as it expands its security business, in addition to working to keep Windows and its other products secure.
- The price of cryptocurrency ethereum rise after Elon Musk confirms he owns it.
- Influencer marketing and commerce platform, Partipost, has secured an extended Series A funding round of US$5 million led by Quest Ventures.
- Google’s video platform YouTube acquires Indian startup Simsim.
- Fintech companies targeting the next billion users are living a pipe dream. Here’s why.