The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
July 26, 2021 (last updated at 8.15 am)
- Stocks set for mixed start as concerns about inflation and the delta strain linger and US-China tension in the radar: Markets wrap.
- Contract doctors in Malaysia to go on strike today amid worsening Covid crisis in Malaysia.
- Early crypto mogul says China crackdown on cryptocurrencies will probably intensify and may even lead to an outright ban on holding the tokens.
- China announces ban on the operation of for-profit education companies in the country, expected to cause a massive disruption to China’s $100 billion education sector.
- Bitcoin hits key level for the first time since early May, after comments from Cathie Wood and Elon Musk helped boost its momentum.
- Go-karting and bowling alleys have taken the place of closed high street stores.
- Chinese and South Korean automakers efforts to push for electric vehicles, threatens Japanese dominance in Southeast Asia.
- Big tech earnings, Federal Reserve decision: What to know this week
- China crackdown makes Hang Seng Tech Index world’s biggest tech loser. has since lost more than US$551 billion in market value amid the clampdown.
- AIA takes stake in TNG Digital via the participation in the latest round of capital raising, valuing TNG Digital at about US$700 million or approximately RM3 billion.
- Zoom soars past $100 billion in market cap without ever doing a significant acquisition or finding a second meaningful source of revenue.
- Ant-backed Indian food delivery startup Zomato shares soared as high as 82% during its market debut.