The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
August 5, 2021 (last updated at 8.20 am)
- Market news: Asian stocks set for a muted start after US stocks fell amid mixed economic data and Federal Reserve comments.
- Bill Ackman’s hedge fund Pershing in talks to raise US$1 billion to fund Universal Music bet.
- Robinhood surges after traders joined the likes of Cathie Wood to pile on the zero-fee trading platform.
- Uber rebounds from pandemic lows, revenue more than double to nearly US$4 billion.
- US private payrolls growth slows in July, far short of estimates – ADP.
- AIA retains a positive outlook on China despite recent regulatory changes.
- TikTok tests disappearing stories product to encourage more users to share content on the service.
- Reddit crypto traders rush for riches before Wall Street invades.
- Facebook sparks row by cutting off researchers access.
- Etsy shares slides despite better than expected earnings report, suggests the pandemic-fueled commerce boom may be stalling.
- Loship, a one-hour e-commerce delivery startup in Vietnam, raises US$12 million in a pre-Series C round of equity financing co-led by BAce Capital, a VC firm backed by Ant Group.