The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
August 17, 2021 (last updated at 8.30 am)
- Market news: Wall Street stocks finish mostly higher, shrugs off early weakness ahead of earnings reports from large US retailers and key economic releases. Asian stocks eyes steady open, treasuries and dollar climb.
- Major hedge funds took big bets on Didi, before Chinese regulators probe announcement – US filings.
- Asia-focused insurer AIA Group reports 22% rise in first-half new business value.
- HSBC acquires AXA Singapore for US$575 million, a move to strengthen and expand its wealth management footprint in Asia.
- Del Monte enters into joint venture with Vietnam Vinamilk to expand into the dairy sector.
- Saudi Aramco inches nearer to an all-stock US$25 billion Reliance deal, according to sources.
- Ecommerce app Wish has lost more than three-quarters of its value as users flee.
- US regulators open probe into safety of Tesla‘s auto pilot crashes, shares plunge.
- LG Display plans to invest US$2.8 billion in small- to mid-sized organic light-emitting diode (OLED) panel production facilities.
- Facebook and Google unveils plans for new Asian undersea Internet cable.
- Why the future of work at Adobe is hybrid.
- Twitter taps crypto developer to helm decentralized social media working group “bluesky”.