The highlighted words in red are links to the news article.
August 19, 2021 (last updated at 8.30 am)
- Market news: Wall Street stocks fall after late night selling, Asian stocks set to dip at open after US slide.
- Illumina closes US$7.1 billion acquisition deal of Grail despite Federal Trade Commission antitrust challenge.
- Nvidia Corp., the largest US chipmaker by market value, beats Wall Street estimates but talks on US$40 billion Arm deal take longer than expected.
- Goldman Sachs lowers Q3 GDP forecasts to 6%, cites the Delta virus as the key concern.
- India’s IPOs this year reach US$8.8 billion as startups soars.
- Norway’s sovereign wealth fund, the world’s biggest, earns US$111 billion in the first half as stock markets soared this year.
- Fast-food chain Nando’s shuts more than 40 UK outlets as it hit supply chain snag.
- China’s Geely H1 revenue falls short misses analyst estimates as global chip shortage hampers production.
- Huawei’s excutive Meng Wanzhou’s extradition hearing comes to a close.
- Facebook removes dozens of misinformation on pandemic-related facts shared on their platforms.
- Netflix insider trading ring reaps US$3 million in profit, says SEC.
- Mealworm farming Beta Hatch raises US$10 million in a funding round led by Lewis & Clark AgriFood.
- Rubio wants short form video app TikTok blocked in the US after China took an ownership stake.
- Indie developer turns down half a million dollars sparks conversation about hostile publisher contracts.