OANDA Senior Market Analyst Jeffrey Halley on Biztech Asian Midday Marketwatch
Jeff shares his views on regional markets performances and talks about key issues namely:
- Friday’s US Non-farm payroll. The impact on markets depends on how the numbers pan out. He shares what market expectations are and what could be the reactions.
- Australia recorded a trade surplus of AUD12.117 billion in July, according to data released today. Jeff shares what we should read into the numbers.
- The Chinese regulatory squeeze continues with regulators having summoned and interviewed 11 ride-hailing firms asking them to rectify non-compliant behavior.
- China’s health-care sector will probably be the next to fall under scrutiny.
- What the bulk of foreign investors and funds are doing now including rotating out of China stocks into stocks in India.
Guest: Jeffrey Halley, Senior Market Analyst Asia Pacific, OANDA
Presenter: Brian Fernandez
Check out more Asian Midday Marketwatch here.