Areca Capital, established in 2006, is a private wealth management firm that specialises in asset management and wealth consulting services, licensed with the Securities Commission Malaysia, and registered under the Federation of Investment Managers Malaysia.
They have established a reputation as a forward-thinking and award-winning fund manager, offering services from wealth protection to distribution to clients ranging from individuals to corporates, family and private trusts, foundations, and other institutions.
During the conversation with Danny Wong, CEO of Areca Capital, he shares with us his investment philosophy and gives us an insight to their funds track record since their inception.
As a result of the pandemic many people have started diversifying their portfolios out of primarily real estate and are looking for different options. Danny gives us his views on the general investing strategy and metrics during times like these for example;
- Short term versus long term investing
- Sectors to invest in
- Diversification and risk management
Danny also talks about several key topics namely:-
- Herd mentality vs contrarian investing
- The generational differences in risk appetite between older high-net-worth individuals and their offspring
- Wealth preservation versus aggressive growth and at what stages in life should we use different strategies
- Investing in uncertain times: Danny quotes Warren Buffett – “being greedy when others are fearful”
Guest: Danny Wong, CEO and Executive Director of Areca Capital
Host: Brian Fernandez
For more wealth management conversations, check out here