Asian Midday Marketwatch with Jeffrey Halley.
Jeff shares his views on regional markets performances and his insights on key issues namely:
- Japan’s economy saw 1.9% annualised growth, higher than the initial estimate for a 1.3% rise, revised government data showed Wednesday. The revised GDP estimate was higher than economists median forecast in a Reuters poll for a 1.6% annualised growth.
- Markets in Japan pricing in further stimulus.
- China markets have stimulus hope as well.
- The price of bitcoin fell Tuesday after breaking through US$52,000 late Monday, reaching its highest level since May.
- The price action comes as El Salvador officially adopts the largest cryptocurrency by market cap as legal tender, becoming the first country to do so.
- Oil Markets and how it may be impacted by slowing growth globally.
Guest: Jeffrey Halley, Senior Market Analyst Asia Pacific at OANDA
Presenter: Brian Fernandez
Check out more Asian Midday Marketwatch here