There are many causes that need funding but have difficulty finding donors. GIVE.asia is an online fundraising platform for giving that helps to bridge the gap. They are one of Asia’s largest fundraising platforms targeted at individuals, charities and corporates.
Since GIVE.asia’s inception ten years ago, they have raised over SGD90 million through their platform.
Pong Yu Ming, the Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer of GIVE.asia explains how we can make a difference by using online giving platforms.
He gives an overview of GIVE.asia and shares with us his entrepreneurial journey and the inspiration behind setting up this platform.
Furthermore, Yu Ming brings insights about:
- the key challenges in philanthropy that he is trying to address
- the donor and project profile
- the key partners they work with
- the measures they take to ensure proper corporate governance and due diligence
- how giving habits have changed over the last ten years and through the pandemic
- what the future of giving looks like across Asia
- whether the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives will shape and change in this new normal
Guest: Pong Yu Ming, Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer of GIVE.asia
Host: Brian Fernandez
Check out more community conversations here.